Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What are you doing with your talent?

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me"-- Erma Bombeck
As every man has received a gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 1 Peter 4:10

My pastor has been teaching on the Parable of the Talents and it has really enlightened my thinking and when your thinking begins to change your words and behavior then changes. I was wondering what am I doing with this "Talent" God has given me?

Talent can mean so many things such as time, gifts, money, opportunities, children, spouse, jobs etc. God has given us so much for the upbuilding of His Kingdom and according to our ability (Matt 25:15). In the parable, Three men were given an amount according to their ability, one man 5, the other man 2 and the other 1. All of them except the last used their talent and earned double. The last man was scared and hid it away and of course the master was uspest and took his talent and gave it to the first man; he was given more for using, being faithful and obedient over his talent.

We have been given so much from God and what do we do with our gifts, our talents? Let's think about this literally- "talent", someone having great skill in a certain area. For example, I can sing, but for long as I can remember I was always shy and feared being in front of people. People who know me would say that I am far from being shy but that is how I felt. I sang in the choir but I just used my gift superficially, I did not go in deep because of fear and then I hid it. I realized, God gave me a gift and how am I using it to Glorify God? I wasn't, I locked away and did other things which just kept me busy. Recently I got back singing on the Praise Team for church and was still shy but as I dig deeper in my relationship with God and my desire to please God in all that I do so He can get the Glory my fear on stage is slowly disappearing.

What other talents has God given you? What ministry did He put in your heart? Why don't you know? Some may know but are not working it, so why? Why are we not being good stewards over these gifts God has given us?

Many people were given children and some have not been good stewards over God's blessings and when that happens he removes them or you and blesses someone who has been good stewards. It is just like a bank, why they only give loans and credit to those with good credit and have a history of paying things back and on time. Why would I trust you with much when you cannot take care of the little you have, "“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’" Matt 25:21. Oh my God! How awesome is that! I get to share my Master's Happiness...




Picture
And people wonder why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer sad to say but
it is true.

So what gifts do you have that God
has given you to Glorify Him and build His
Kingdom?

Maybe you are an entrepeneur, partner
with your church and start a business that will bless the church and the
people.

Maybe you are very detail-oriented,
work as the adminstrator at the church or help plan strategically to take the
church to the next level.

Maybe you are an
educator, people are needed to minister to the youth at the
church.

Maybe you can write, start a blog
talking about the love of God.

But whatever it is, use your
gift and, "A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men"
Prov 18:6. God will send people to use your talents, your gifts and you will bring much Glory to God. You will bless His people.

When it is all said and done
God will ask you what have you done on earth and you can say I used everything
you have given me and He will say well done my good and faithful servant Here is
MORE! You definitely cannot beat God's Giving....

What is holding you back from using your talent? What is it that has you in bondage? Because when you are in bondage you cannot be used and not effectivily for God's work.

It is time to get to WORK!!
W-WILLING to do it... change that heart, that mindset. God cannot use those who do not want to be used.
O-OBEDIENT- It is what God says to do!
R-READY--- You got to always be ready when God calls
K-Keeping GOD always first... remember everything you do is unto God!

Please Comment and Share-- would love to know what people are doing with thier talents God has given you!!!

Peace and Blessings,
Cicely

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors