I know it is so hard to do but if we want it the right way and the best way we have to wait on God. While we wait here are some things we can do while we wait patiently on God.
- Volunteer- Find an issue you are passionate about and find an organization to volunteer at. This will occupy your time, give you more things to talk about and meet new people with similar interests. If you are waiting for a spouse, you might just meet them here! Make sure you look your best!
- Take a class- Maybe you are waiting to have children or start a new career, nothing says I am ready like experience and education. Find a class at your local adult education spot where they offer classes that might even be free.
- Prepare-The classes are a great way to prepare as well as literally preparing yourself for the next step. Are you waiting on children? Start clearing your house for space for the children. You can start buying clothes and keeping it in a hope chest. That new career, maybe you need a new or new to your wardrobe. Find outfits that fit the job that you are applying for. Waiting on that spouse? My pastor is good for saying live like you have your spouse there with you! Say, “Babe can you bring me some water?” Or make some room in the closet or get rid of things such as things your ex’s gave you, there is no room for that.
- Build the Kingdom- this should always be happening but while you are waiting for whatever go work with your church to help it advance or reach out. Win souls for Christ. Evangelize in the community.
- Start a hobby- start something that may benefit what you will need to do in the future. Or just start something fun. Learn how to embroider, that is what my goal is. I want to start embroidering my babies clothes and pictures. Maybe you need to learn how to cook for the misses or mister. Learn how to be an extreme couponer! Learn how to save money.