Thursday, January 29, 2015

Exploring in the kitchen: Vegetarian Tacos

I have been so busy these past couple of weeks with work and this women's group I am involved in that I will be singing and speaking at. The busyness has had me eating on the go and what that usually means is hardly anything. I cannot eat much fast food due to the Gluten Allergy and I am a very picky eater for the most part. I really enjoy cooking and experimenting in the kitchen and I recently have been able to do some really simple things that is healthy and easy to make with my busy lifestyle. 

Last night I was craving tacos but I did not want meat. I remembered that I sent my First Lady a recipe to try for vegetarian tacos but I could not remember when and where I sent it. So while I was waiting for her to find the recipe, I googled vegetarian tacos and was locked on this roasted corn and bean taco. What is funny is that she sent me a link for roasted corn tacos as well! I was like it is fate! 

So I was at Trader Joe's gathering my groceries for my tacos and they were having a sampling for this "Game Day" snack and it was awesome. I was like this could be a part of my taco filling! So with those few recipes, I came up with my little rendition of all of them. 

My Vegetarian Gluten Free Tacos
The Ingredients





  • Black Beans
  • Jar of Salsa
  • Frozen Bag of Roasted Corn
  • Quattro Formaggio Cheese or Any other cheese that you prefer
  • Veggie mix
  • Corn Tortillas






First I poured the can of black beans in a medium sized pot
Next I poured half the frozen bag of corn and and some of the veggie mix in a pan and sauteed it in olive oil

Then I poured the whole jar of salsa in the veggie mix.


Then dumped the mix in the medium pot with the beans.


I love avocado so I decided to slice it and add that. And VOILA! Veggie Tacos.


They were the bomb. I had enough for lunch and dinner again. 

Instead of the tortillas this would make a great chip dip, burrito filling and even as a chili. It was so good. 

If you try it out or have a different way to do it please share! 


Talk with you soon!
Peace and Blessings,
Cicely-Renee

4 comments:

  1. Cicely, you inspire me to do better! They look so good I can smell them! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were really good! I was so proud :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors